Ravi Shanker, Enterprise Services Director
Ravi Shanker is the manager of the teams responsible for the delivery of services to Dimension Systems clients and plays a key role in the development of service initiatives designed for various clients.
In his role as Enterprise Services Director, Mr. Shanker provides technical leadership in the areas of ERP Support, Database Administration (DBA) support for Oracle, MS SQL Server, and DB2 UDB platforms. In addition, Ravi provides technical leadership in the areas of Unix Support for Solaris, AIX and HP-UX platforms and project management for large-scale projects related to ERP Support, DBA Support and Unix Support.
- 8 + years experience in Operating Systems: Sun Solaris, IBM AIX, HP-UX, Windows NT/2000/2003, Novell NetWare, Linux, Windows 95/98/ME/XP DOS
- 9 + Years Experience in Software & Tools: Oracle 10g/9i/8i/8/7.3, SQL Server 2000, DB2 UDB 8.1 and PeopleSoft 6/7/7.5/8
- PeopleSoft Knowledge & Types of Tasks Performed
- Upgrade client with PeopleSoft HRMS from 7.01 to 8.01.
- Upgrade client with PeopleSoft Financials from 6.0 to 7.53.
- Project management, including client’s tasks during upgrades.
- Performing all needed DBA work on conversion database (adding tables, increasing tablespaces, altering data and indices, etc.).
- Performance tuning and SQL tuning for PeopleSoft applications.
- Installation and configuration of PeopleSoft client and server software.
- Installation and configuration of PeopleSoft Application Server .
- Installation and configuration of PeopleSoft Process Scheduler.
- On an 8.0 upgrade team – including responsibility for necessary DBA work.
- Installed all PeopleSoft ancillary software (e.g., SQR, COBOL).
Day to Day PeopleSoft Operational Deliverables:
- Troubleshoot PeopleSoft problems.
- Expertise in PeopleSoft Application Engine.
- Internal process improvement (with other DBA’s)
Database projects and deliverables:
- Installation of Oracle 7.3 and Oracle 8 server software, database creation and management of several databases ranging in size from 2 GB to 30 GB on Sun Enterprise Servers and Windows NT servers.
- Planned and implemented physical database layout with customized parameter file, multiplexed control files, multiplexed online redo log files and other OFA requirements.
- Created, customized, frequently tested and implemented recovery procedures for several production databases.
- Developed and modified Unix shell scripts for automating cold and hot backups using cron.
- Developed and implemented database backup and recovery strategies using tools and techniques such as export/ import, RMAN, recovery catalog.
- Install and configure SQL*Plus, OEM Modules and Net8 on client machines and listeners on servers.
- Coordinated data migration from mainframe system using SQL Loader.
- Troubleshoot database problems by analysis of trace files, V$ views, alert logs, and using tools such as UTLBSTAT/UTLESTAT, TKPROF, and Explain Plan.
- Provided performance-tuning support to application developers for several test and development databases with focus on tuning SQL queries, SGA, disk I/O, and resource contention.
- Create and maintain users, profiles, roles, and privileges.
- Oversaw capacity and the planning, creating, monitoring, and maintaining of database structures such as tablespaces, rollback segments, datafiles, indexes, archive logs, init.ora files, control files.